Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to update your TapAnalytics dashboardTapAnalytics has been engineered to work IN BATCH MODE, so when you click Update Dashboard, all the services and campaigns you have connected are updated. Below is the best practices to follow.
- Connect all services that you know you need
- Map all the Clients you want
- Then click Update Dashboard and let the system go get all the data, while you go work on something else.
- If you are an enterprise User with hundreds or thousands of clients, then it’s best to use the two Bulk features to speed the process up!
It sometimes seems that my dashboard takes a long time to updateWhen you click Update Dashboard, all connected services and campaigns are updated with the data. Thus, all of the following (and more) enter into this process:
- The amount of data -- the more campaigns you have connected, the longer it takes to get the data.
- The "depth" of data -- the more levels of data you have connected (e.g., Ad Creatives, Ad Placements, Keywords etc.) the longer it takes to get the data.
- The type of service -- the quality of a vendor's API varies a lot from service to service.
- The number of times you click Update Dashboard. If there is a heavy load of update clicks, the updates must go in a queue, and this causes some additional delay.
- New connections -- whenever you hook up NEW campaigns, the delay will be longer because of the history factor. Generally speaking, the initial fetch for most services goes back 1 year, but for existing campaigns, only 3 days. So, hooking up a lot of new campaigns will mean significantly longer update times.
- API request limitations -- some services (Moz, AppNexus, etc.) have API request limitations, so that we must spread out the update requests over time meet those limitations.
Is there any way to make the updates run fasterThe easy answer is, yes. Below are some of the methods to take.
- Make sure you even need to do an update. The TapAnalytics platform automatically updates every morning about 6am Eastern. Most third-party platforms update only once in 24 hours, so you only need to update if you are loading new campaigns.
- If you are pulling data you or your clients really don't need, turn that data off using your Profile. A great place to start would be the most time-consuming (deepest) data such as Facebook Page Posts, or Google Keyword data.
- We are constantly reviewing our processes for improvement. We are always on the lookout for areas to improve!
- Why does my call recording have a lag time before it starts playing?
- How long is my CallTrackingMetrics call recording available?
- How can I see my Google Analytics UTM Codes in TapAnalytics?
- Are creative previews for DFA available?
- Does TapClicks store MP3 files from DialogTech?
- Does TapClicks have a HTTPS version?
- Why are time metrics adjusted differently in the dashboard?
- Why does TapClicks Support Center show when I click on the (?) question mark?
- Is TapClicks available on all Windows, Mac, iOS and Android operating systems?
- Why don’t all my custom dashboards show on the left hand navigation?
- Help Us, Help You!
FAQ - General Questions
- What level of permissions does TapClicks require for Facebook Ads?
- Centro DSP Hierarchy Change
- What level of permission is needed to integrate Facebook Insights into TapClicks?
- What access do I need to connect to Nativo?
- Where can I find my TubeMogul API credentials?
- How do I connect Twilio?
- What do I need to connect Marketo?
- How do I set up and connect Kenshoo?
- How do I find my TubeMogul API Key?
- How do I connect to xAd?
- How do I connect Google Analytics Segments?
- Where do I find my API Key and Secret Key for DialogTech?
- Why isn't Yelp connecting?
- What do I need to connect Yelp?
- What access level do I need in AppNexus to connect to TapClicks?
- Where do I find my API Key for CallRail?
- Where do I find my API Key and Secret Key for CallTrackingMetrics?
- Moz Connection - MozBar
- Resetting Moz Access ID
- How can I get my MatchCraft Advertiser and Campaign Names in TapAnalytics?
- Yext App Directory and TapClicks
FAQ - Connecting Services
- Facebook Ads Metric Name Change
- Why am I seeing an error on Instagram?
- How do I get my Instagram Ads data in?
- Does TapClicks have metrics related to Promoted Pins?
- What services require users to get API access before being able to connect in TapClicks?
- What fields from Unbounce flow into TapAnalytics?
- What is oAuth and why am I seeing errors about it in my dashboard?
- Why do I not see all my Advertisements in Telmetrics?
- When I connect BirdEye, I can see the businesses under my Agency, but I can't see the Locations under those business. How can I map by Location?
- How do I update my credentials for the services I have connected?
- Help! I'm seeing an error in my Bing Mapping List that says something about an access token?
- Can you add multiple accounts for the various services?
- Are there any constraints to Marketo?
- Can I get keyword level data through Moz?
- What timezone does my AppNexus data come in as?
- Where can I see Conversion Zones in TapClicks?
- Why am I getting an error when I go to map my clients in LinkedIn?
- What is the difference between the conversion fields from Google Adwords?
- Google AdWords - Video Split - What happens when enabled on your instance
- Why don't I see the symbols around my Keywords in Google AdWords?
- Where are my "Orders" from DFP?
- Split Adwords Search and Display
- Where is my Followers metric for Facebook Insights?
FAQ - Services
- Why is there no data showing in the dashboard?
- Dashboard Updates and Performance
- Is the data in the dashboard real time data?
- How can I tell if my data is up to date?
- Why don't the Impression Share metrics from Google Adwords match TapClicks?
- Why is the number of visitors in the past 30 days different in TapClicks compared to BirdEye?
- Why are the times in my CallRail off?
- Why can't I see all my Centro Data?
- How are my Impression Share metrics in Bing calculated?
- Why do I have Tweets showing but no account related data?
- When TapClicks pulls in keyword data from Google Adwords what parameters are used?
- Why is my Facebook Ads Reach so inflated in TapClicks?