Frequently Asked Questions
Connecting Data Sources
- Check your assigning
It is also possible that you have assigned the wrong View. To list Views for assigning, go to GA Account > Property Name > View Name and make sure that you are looking at the right data in the GA UI.
- Check for multiple assigning
In this example, you can see that multiple properties/profiles are contributing to the data, so the total value cannot match a single GA View. Go through the list and delete unwanted assigning, or add Dashboard/Widget Filters to see the data that you are looking for.
- The data might not match the UI, but is probably correct.
- Data Sampling: Under specific conditions, the GA API will down-sample large data sets in order to ensure a fast API response as per the algorithm (See Google’s explanation here). When TapClicks fetches your data, all efforts are made to get the full, non sampled data set. If the API returns a sampled report, TapClicks will reduce the date range until non sampled data becomes available. So, the data you see in Dashboard is never sampled unless TapClicks gets non sampled data when requesting reports day-by-day. As explained earlier, this is the smallest range supported by the API. However, when you view data in the GA UI, you may be shown Sampled Data, and this can cause marginal discrepancies with the Tap data.
- Excluding Invalid Data: Google Analytics collects data for hundreds of dimensions and metrics when tracking your website traffic. However, there is no guarantee that the dimensions/metrics you are interested in will be captured for all users and sessions. The GA API returns the best data set, but will exclude sessions for which the requested fields are unavailable. Each GA data view requests a specific combination of dimensions/metrics, and if you are viewing data in the UI for a different combination of dimensions/metrics, it is likely that you will see discrepancies with your Tap data.
For some of these sessions, it is possible that the Age of the is known but the Gender is not. The report TapClicks captured in the Demographics data view will only included sessions for which BOTH Age and Gender were known. The data TapClicks captured was not incorrect, it was just a different data set than you are viewing in the GA UI.
Ultimately, the best single source of truth is the Google Analytics Request Composer. This tool allows you to request any valid combination of dimensions and metrics, so you can request the exact report TapClicks requests for an apples-to-apples comparison.
There’s good news though! If TapClicks standard data views does not match your needs because of an interaction of dimensions/metrics, TapClicks can build you a custom DIY Dataview with only the fields you want to view with Date.
Please refer to the next section Date Interactions for more detail
- Date Interactions: When you view data in the GA UI, it treats the selected date range as a single block of data (unless you specifically request a monthly/weekly/daily breakdown). But when TapClicks calls the GA API for data, the request is always for the by date data. This can affect the values returned from the API under certain circumstances:
- Small samples of Demographics data may be altered to protect individual Users. If you don’t get very much Age/Gender data in a day, the API may exclude some or all sessions from an API response to prevent any possibility of identifying individual Users. But if you view a larger date range in the UI, you may see more sessions because the privacy threshold is not triggered without the daily breakdown (See Google’s explanation here).
- When you view Users in a GA UI report, you will see the count of unique Users in the requested date range. If you break down the same report by date, the User's metric will show the number of unique Users for each day. So if there are users who visited your site on multiple dates, they will be counted once for each date, and the total for the date range will be greater than the User count without the daily breakdown. TapClicks gets the data broken down by date, the Users metric will most likely not match the GA UI value.
- Goals Data must be handled with care
GA Goals provide a powerful way to track custom conversions on your websites. However, this results in complex data, which can lead to incorrect results in TapClicks widget. Any widget built from a Goals data view must either filter for one specific Goal, or Group by Goal:
If not, you will be aggregating the values from multiple goals. This is particularly problematic if you are viewing calculated fields that rely on a standard metric like Sessions, which must be duplicated for each Goal. For more clarity, look at how TapClicks store this data:
Please note that each Goal can have a different value for configured metrics (Starts, Completions), but all show the same number of Sessions. This is because Sessions is a standard metric, independent of any configured Goal. There are no Goal 2 Sessions.There are just Sessions. As you know, any number of Goals can be Started, Completed, or Abandoned during a Session. We need Sessions on each row so you can view the Goal 3 Completion Rate (Completions/Sessions * 100%). But if you don’t filter or group-by Goal, all these duplicated Sessions get added together, and your widget will display erroneous results.
The bottom line is, these Goals data views are not like other GA data views. They are meant for generating accurate data for individual Goal.
- Why does my call recording have a lag time before it starts playing?
- How long is my CallTrackingMetrics call recording available?
- How can I see my Google Analytics UTM Codes in TapAnalytics?
- Are creative previews for DFA available?
- Does TapClicks store MP3 files from DialogTech?
- Does TapClicks have a HTTPS version?
- Why are time metrics adjusted differently in the dashboard?
- Why does TapClicks Support Center show when I click on the (?) question mark?
- Why don’t all my custom dashboards show on the left hand navigation?
- Help Us, Help You!
- November 2017 Release
FAQ - General Questions
- What level of permissions does TapClicks require for Facebook Ads?
- Centro DSP Hierarchy Change
- What level of permission is needed to integrate Facebook Insights into TapClicks?
- What access do I need to connect to Nativo?
- Where can I find my TubeMogul API credentials?
- How do I connect Twilio?
- What do I need to connect Marketo?
- How do I set up and connect Kenshoo?
- How do I find my TubeMogul API Key?
- How do I connect to xAd?
- How do I connect Google Analytics Segments?
- Where do I find my API Key and Secret Key for DialogTech?
- Why isn't Yelp connecting?
- What do I need to connect Yelp?
- What access level do I need in AppNexus to connect to TapClicks?
- Where do I find my API Key for CallRail?
- Where do I find my API Key and Secret Key for CallTrackingMetrics?
- Moz Connection - MozBar
- Resetting Moz Access ID
- How can I get my MatchCraft Advertiser and Campaign Names in TapAnalytics?
- Yext App Directory and TapClicks
- Why can't I connect to my Teads Data in Connect Data Sources?
- How to Connect Zapier
FAQ - Connecting Data Sources
- Facebook Ads Metric Name Change
- Why am I seeing an error on Instagram?
- How do I get my Instagram Ads data in?
- Does TapClicks have metrics related to Promoted Pins?
- What Data Sources require users to get API access before being able to connect in TapClicks?
- What fields from Unbounce flow into TapAnalytics?
- What is oAuth and why am I seeing errors about it in my dashboard?
- Why do I not see all my Advertisements in Telmetrics?
- When I connect BirdEye, I can see the businesses under my Agency, but I can't see the Locations under those business. How can I map by Location?
- How do I update my credentials for the Data Sources I have connected?
- Help! I'm seeing an error in my Bing Assigning List that says something about an access token?
- Can you add multiple accounts for the various Data Sources?
- Are there any constraints to Marketo?
- Can I get keyword level data through Moz?
- What timezone does my AppNexus data come in as?
- Where can I see Conversion Zones in TapClicks?
- Why am I getting an error when I go to map my clients in LinkedIn?
- What is the difference between the conversion fields from Google Adwords?
- Google AdWords - Video Split - What happens when enabled on your instance
- Why don't I see the symbols around my Keywords in Google AdWords?
- Where are my Orders from DFP?
- Split Adwords Search and Display
- Where is my Followers metric for Facebook Insights?
FAQ - Data Sources
- Why is there no data showing in the dashboard?
- Dashboard Updates and Performance
- Is the data in the dashboard real time data?
- How can I tell if my data is up to date?
- Why do my totals on the Google Analytics Demographic Data View look different than what I see on the Main level?
- Why don't the Impression Share metrics from Google Adwords match TapClicks?
- Why is the number of visitors in the past 30 days different in TapClicks compared to BirdEye?
- Why are the times in my CallRail off?
- Why can't I see all my Centro Data?
- How are my Impression Share metrics in Bing calculated?
- Why do I have Tweets showing but no account related data?
- When TapClicks pulls in keyword data from Google Adwords what parameters are used?
- Why is my Facebook Ads Reach so inflated in TapClicks?
- How does Reach MTD in Facebook Ads differ from Reach?
- Why don’t I see any geo data for my Google Ads campaign?
- Dashboard does not match the Google Analytics User Interface
- Decimal handing