Custom Dashboards - TapClicks 5
Custom Dashboards are a great way to visualize the data that you've gathered from your Data Sources in a variety of widgets. They also allow you to customize the look of your reports.
How to Create a Custom Dashboard
- Click on the Manage dashboards button at the top left of the navigation menu.
- Click on Add dashboard view.
- Click into Dashboard name and name your dashboard.
- Select which Business Units will have access from the drop down menu. Note: this is not required.
- Select which Data profiles can see this dashboard.
- Select Move Data Grid if you want the top performer widgets to move to the bottom of the exports
- Click Add Dashboard and you've created a dashboard!
Creating Your First Widget
- After you have created a new custom dashboard, click on the plus sign (+) in the middle of the page.
- Select the widget type that you would like to use. As an example, I will select a big number widget.
- Click into the Title field and name your widget.
- Select the Data source which you would like to populate the widget from the drop down menu.
- Select the Data view from which you would like to pull metrics.
- Select as many Metrics as you would like to show from the drop down menu.
- Click on Create widget and you're done!
Managing Your Custom Dashboards
- Click on the Manage dashboards button.
- This is where you can copy existing dashboards.
- You can delete dashboards from here as well.
Create your Dashboard from tapClicks on Vimeo.
Filtering Your Dashboard
- Click on the funnel icon to Show widget filters.
- You can Filter by metric, Filter by data source, or you can filter by both!
- This will allow you to show only those widgets that match your filtered metrics/Data Sources.
Filtering Your Dashboard from tapClicks on Vimeo.
Exporting Your Dashboard
- To export click on the Export dashboard button next to the name of the custom dashboard.
- Note: this will export the dashboard with the widgets populated by all of the clients mapped to those Data Sources.
ExportDashboard from tapClicks on Vimeo.
Using Your Dashboard as a Client Report
- Click into View as client... and choose the client from the drop down menu. The View as client selection will alter the widgets to only show data connected to that client.
- Click on the Export dashboard button next to the name of the custom dashboard.
Using Your Dashboard as a Client Report from tapClicks on Vimeo.
Editing Your Dashboard
- Click on the pencil icon next to the name of the dashboard
- Click into the ‘Name’ field to edit the name
- Select a ‘Cluster’ from the drop down menu to allow that cluster access
- Select the ‘Data profiles’ from the drop down menu to control who sees the dashboard
- In the ‘Widgets’ section you can drag and drop the widgets to reorder how they appear on the dashboard
Editing Your Dashboard from tapClicks on Vimeo.