Frequently Asked Questions
Centro DSP Hierarchy Change Notes - TapAnalyticsBrianne Engelson, TapClicks October 2016
This document outlines the changes within the TapAnalytics platform as a result of the Centro DSP hierarchy changes. The Centro DSP changes include moving from a free-form structure of folders, to a standardized structure of Brands.
These changes will go into effect on Friday morning, November 11th.
TapAnalytics employs 2 level ‘mapping’ (the act of connecting data from a source to a Client record in TA)
Impact on TapAnalytics
- Hierarchy Today – connect either a Centro DSP Folder or a Centro DSP Campaign in TapAnalytics
- Future Hierarchy – connect either a Centro DSP Brand or a Centro DSP Campaign in TapAnalytics
TapClicks and Centro have worked very closely together in order to make this change as seamless for our mutual customers as possible.
How will this change impact my clients?
Centro has provided sample accounts that mirror the hierarchy changes in question and TapAnalytics has written migration scripts that will automatically handle the switch from Folders to Brands.
- Anything that is currently mapped in TapAnalytics under the Folder / Campaign Structure will be migrated to the new Brand / Campaign structure.
- Any new Brands or Campaigns that are created after the migration within Centro DSP will need to be connected in the TapAnalytics system before data will be pulled for those entities
Once the migration takes place in TapAnalytics, Centro DSP Folders will no longer be presented to any users in the Manage Services screen.
What if my client has not been migrated to the new Centro DSP structure?
This means that if your client is still in the Folder structure, they will not be able to connect any new Folders or any Campaigns under those Folders until they are migrated to an owning Brand.
Centro will be migrating accounts to the Brand structure on November 9th. During this time, there may be service interruption or data load interruption. TapClicks will push the changes after business hours PST on Thursday November 10th and then will run the migration scripts after the code changes are in place. TapClicks will monitor these scripts and once complete, will spot check production dashboards to confirm that all is working as expected.
Will there be any downtime?
If for some reason a client does log in while the migration scripts are running, they may see mappings missing from the Manage Services screen – this is expected, as the script will roll through and reconnect everything under the new structure.
Once complete, TapClicks will send an update to Centro with a “good to go”. Once all the changes are in place, any data loading gaps will be filled.
There will be limited or no impact on data loading - while the Centro Accounts are migrated between November 9th and November 10th, there may be data loading interruptions for accounts that move to the Brand structure.
Will there be any impact on data loading?
Because this is a patch release to production and impacts a number of clients, we want to handle these migration scripts with care. The Friday, November 11th data fetch will depend on the time needed to complete the scripts – the daily fetches typically kick off at 6am EST and could be pushed back depending on the progression of those scripts.
Once the scripts complete and data starts loading Friday, any data gaps will be filled.
As an added precaution, on Wednesday November 9th TapClicks will log into each of the production dashboards that are connected and download backup mapping lists. These documents will act as a record to check the migrations against.
What if something goes wrong?
If something goes wrong, TapClicks & Centro DSP will decide together whether to revert back to the Folder / Campaign structure or move forward to the Brand / Campaign structure by manually mapping any affected clients.
TapClicks and Centro will have open lines of communication during this process to ensure all parties are up to date.
Hierarchy TodayBelow represents a Demo Dashboard with mappings under the Folder / Campaign structure, before migration scripts ran.
Below represents a Demo Dashboard with mappings under the Brand / Campaign structure, before migration scripts ran.
Note that "Folder" has changed to "Brand"
Anything that was previously connected is still connected is still connected.
"Folders" no longer appear, we've moved exclusively to "Brands"
- Why does my call recording have a lag time before it starts playing?
- How long is my CallTrackingMetrics call recording available?
- How can I see my Google Analytics UTM Codes in TapAnalytics?
- Are creative previews for DFA available?
- Does TapClicks store MP3 files from DialogTech?
- Does TapClicks have a HTTPS version?
- Why are time metrics adjusted differently in the dashboard?
- Why does TapClicks Support Center show when I click on the (?) question mark?
- Why don’t all my custom dashboards show on the left hand navigation?
- Help Us, Help You!
- November 2017 Release
FAQ - General Questions
- What level of permissions does TapClicks require for Facebook Ads?
- Centro DSP Hierarchy Change
- What level of permission is needed to integrate Facebook Insights into TapClicks?
- What access do I need to connect to Nativo?
- Where can I find my TubeMogul API credentials?
- How do I connect Twilio?
- What do I need to connect Marketo?
- How do I set up and connect Kenshoo?
- How do I find my TubeMogul API Key?
- How do I connect to xAd?
- How do I connect Google Analytics Segments?
- Where do I find my API Key and Secret Key for DialogTech?
- Why isn't Yelp connecting?
- What do I need to connect Yelp?
- What access level do I need in AppNexus to connect to TapClicks?
- Where do I find my API Key for CallRail?
- Where do I find my API Key and Secret Key for CallTrackingMetrics?
- Moz Connection - MozBar
- Resetting Moz Access ID
- How can I get my MatchCraft Advertiser and Campaign Names in TapAnalytics?
- Yext App Directory and TapClicks
- Why can't I connect to my Teads Data in Connect Services?
FAQ - Connecting Services
- Facebook Ads Metric Name Change
- Why am I seeing an error on Instagram?
- How do I get my Instagram Ads data in?
- Does TapClicks have metrics related to Promoted Pins?
- What services require users to get API access before being able to connect in TapClicks?
- What fields from Unbounce flow into TapAnalytics?
- What is oAuth and why am I seeing errors about it in my dashboard?
- Why do I not see all my Advertisements in Telmetrics?
- When I connect BirdEye, I can see the businesses under my Agency, but I can't see the Locations under those business. How can I map by Location?
- How do I update my credentials for the services I have connected?
- Help! I'm seeing an error in my Bing Mapping List that says something about an access token?
- Can you add multiple accounts for the various services?
- Are there any constraints to Marketo?
- Can I get keyword level data through Moz?
- What timezone does my AppNexus data come in as?
- Where can I see Conversion Zones in TapClicks?
- Why am I getting an error when I go to map my clients in LinkedIn?
- What is the difference between the conversion fields from Google Adwords?
- Google AdWords - Video Split - What happens when enabled on your instance
- Why don't I see the symbols around my Keywords in Google AdWords?
- Where are my "Orders" from DFP?
- Split Adwords Search and Display
- Where is my Followers metric for Facebook Insights?
FAQ - Services
- Why is there no data showing in the dashboard?
- Dashboard Updates and Performance
- Is the data in the dashboard real time data?
- How can I tell if my data is up to date?
- Why do my totals on the Google Analytics Demographic Data View look different than what I see on the Main level?
- Why don't the Impression Share metrics from Google Adwords match TapClicks?
- Why is the number of visitors in the past 30 days different in TapClicks compared to BirdEye?
- Why are the times in my CallRail off?
- Why can't I see all my Centro Data?
- How are my Impression Share metrics in Bing calculated?
- Why do I have Tweets showing but no account related data?
- When TapClicks pulls in keyword data from Google Adwords what parameters are used?
- Why is my Facebook Ads Reach so inflated in TapClicks?
- How does Reach MTD in Facebook Ads differ from Reach?