Business Units are much like Client Groups except that a Business Units is managed by a Business Units Admin who has access similar to that of a Super Admin. These are often used if a company has multiple locations under which clients exist (e.g. franchises). You can as a Business Unit Admin manage a single Business Unit or a Group of Business Units.
Creating a Business Unit
- Click on Administration in the left navigation menu.
- Click on Business Units.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to the Business Unit header.
- Choose the Business Unit type
- Click into the Business Unit name field and name your Business Unit.
- The External Business Unit Id is an optional field.
- If you'd like the Business Unit to have its own Custom Branding, click on Select logo and browse for an image for both dark and light backgrounds.
- Click on Save changes and you're done with step one!
Creating a Cluster from tapClicks on Vimeo.
Assigning a Business Unit
In order to assign clients to the Business Unit that you just created, you need to go into their User record and edit the Business Unit field to reflect the correct Business Unit.
- Click on Users under Administration.
- Search for the Client that you'd like to add.
- Click on the Pencil icon next to their name to edit.
- Choose a Business Unit from the drop down menu.
- Click on Save changes.
- Repeat these steps as needed.